Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm not sure if I'm surprised, but this blog is now into its fifth year of life.

My New Year's resolution is to become more ambitious.

And it's already working!! For example, I initially wrote that last line like this:
My new year's resolution is to try to become more ambitious.
But then I thought to myself, "You know what? I am going to be more ambitious!" So I changed the sentence.

I don't know what I'm going to be ambitious about, I guess I'll worry about crossing that bridge when it comes.

...

Blogroll updates:

Reel Nerds -- I'm going start guest contributing on Reel Nerds. I think John does a great job. His movie reviews are as smart, thoughtful and well written as anything on the web, so I was flattered when he asked me to contribute. I didn't take him up at first because I didn't think I had much to add (plus I already don't have enough time to write 5% of the things I want to write.) But I've been watching more documentaries lately, and the Reel Nerds rarely comment on them, so as long as I can watch documentaries on my Netflix app and write reviews from work, I think I can make the occasional contribution. (See, I'm already being ambitious by trying to make more efficient use of my time at work.)

Who W.Y.D. (and Why) -- These contributers want to be anonymous. I think they can improve the format of this blog by posting pictures and allowing readers to vote. And maybe just posting the arguments they disagree on. We'll see...

Maggie's Photo Blog -- Maggie is a great young photographer, and this is her blog. And if you look carefully, you might find me on the blog. (and by "looking carefully" I mean just clicking on the link that I so graciously provided for you.)

No comments: