Wednesday, September 25, 2013

First Draft Hype Day 17

My friend Baj is getting married next year and he has about 30 good friends from college and five of them are planning his bachelor party. I'm invited and am on the bachelor party email list.

The bachelor party involves flying out to LA and renting cars and doing a cannonball run type weekend where you race out to San Diego and go out for a steak dinner and hit the bars and spend the night in a hotel, and then race back to LA and get another nice dinner and hit the bars again. 

I'm probably not going -- I barely know his friends and the trip sounds expensive -- but over the last two days there's been a long email chain going back and forth about the bachelor party (38 people are on it.) I replied to it for the first time earlier today, and the only thing I put in my email was a link to this video:





I didn't write a single word.

Just a link to this video with no explanation.

I've never met at least 30 of the 38 guys.


(my favorite part might be around 4:30 when he gets into "ride the snake.... ride the snake.... to the lake.... the ancient lake, baby.... the snake he's long.... seven miles.... ride the snake.... he's old.... and his skin is cold....)

(and this is the studio version! this isn't him on LSD with a bottle of whiskey in hand on stage at some club on the strip ad-libbing, this is him in a recording studio!)

Ok, anyway, I included that because the title is probably the last thing I'll do for this book, so for a couple of days The Official Working Title was:

The End


(or maybe something that signifies it being the last step)

No comments: