Thursday, August 15, 2013

two very quick notes

As I type this, the Dow is down 1.46% for the day and the NASDAQ is down 1.79%. This is more dramatic than usual, so I checked the Wall St. Journal homepage to read their thoughts.

Their theory: stronger than expected economic data (including the lowest unemployment since before the recession) raised investor anxiety about a pullback in central bank support for financial markets.

Economics works in fucked up ways.

(pardon my fucking language.)

...

Also, I flipped to PBS in the middle of a show last night. An Australian guy was on stage with a guitar. I had no idea what to expect. Fast forward to the 16:00 mark of this video and you'll experience it the way I did.


...

(on first viewing, I thought his little move to end that tune was kind of cheesy, but man, if I could do that, I'd probably be up there wearing a full-length sequined cape and crown and be playing a gold-trimmed and diamond-studded guitar with several bikini clad women fanning me... and a whole lot more)

No comments: