Monday, August 06, 2007

(from the baseball board)

I average 3.5 Chipotle burritos a week.

Anyone eat more Chipotle than that? I found this Chipotle by my office that hardly ever has a line. This is a bigger deal that you'd think because the average wait time for lunch at a Chipotle in the loop is probably 20 minutes. I've waited in lines that stretched to the outside of a Chipotle on winter days, so not having to wait so long to get a burrito actually feels better than waiting for a half hour and getting the burrito for free.

I'd tell you where my line-free Chipotle is, but I don't want word of it to spread.

I'm actually considering going to other nearby Chipotles, approaching people in the 30 minute lines, and saying, "listen, if you give me $40, I'll tell you where there is a Chipotle nearby with no line." "But you have to promise not to tell anyone else."

Can I make that my intellectual property? Can the location of that Chipotle become my intellectual property?

So what if other people can find it, I discovered it first, so it is my intellectual property. The first person to discover it should be entitled to the spoils.

If you don't let me make money for finding that Chipotle, then what is going to be my incentive to look for other Chipotles? I wouldn't have walked east that fateful night I wasn't motivated by the potential windfall.

No comments: