When I first heard this song a couple of hours ago, I enjoyed it as I do every song I wake up to these days, but it didn’t take long before I realized that this one was special. Watch the whole thing. Trust me, watch the whole thing.
If you’re at work, turn your volume up.
Listen to the voice on this guy! (I can tell you 50 things to look for in this clip, but if I were to say just one; watch his eyes.)
5 comments:
I watched the whole thing. Honestly. Why? Because when Cyrus says "Trust me" it is a categorical imperative that whatever instructions/insight that follows must be followed/accepted as true. And I'm glad I did.
I believe this is from the Contemporary Christian Music version of American Idol. Of course, they can't call it "American" Idol because the Democrats were just elected. And they can't call it American "Idol" because of that, you know, "Shalt have no idols before Me..." business. I think it's called Humble Servants With Voices Which (Though Better Than Average) Are Only Employed In Service of God and Not Prideful Boasting.
Do you think this guy was given a choice in life:
Listen, you can be the frontman of a rock band, live the sex-drugs-rock'n'roll lifstyle, enjoy the physical attention of both men and women that such gigs always bring, and just flat-out wail every night. But you can only do that for one year, because you'll be a one hit wonder (think: The Darkness).
Or you could win the CCM show and be gauranteed a 20 year career (only shorter if you get divroced or go "mainstream").
I doubt he hesitated.
-bkc
I thought the exact same thing. Growing up, he had to have friends begging him to be the singer in their band. Just absolutely pleading with him.
He's from a small town in Texas, so maybe he only had a choice between Texas Country and Christian Contmeporary. I say he made the right choice. I can't imagine Texas Country singers get the opportunity to show off their voices like Phelps did during the last minute and a half of that song?
The guy's got a set of pipes sent straight from heaven. And man, was he focused. The lamb of god....
Confession:
Sometimes, when I'm unmotivated at work, I cue up this video. It never fails to get me pumped up. The guy could be speaking Welsh and I'd still get amped.
And that blonde they flash a few times looks pretty hot, in a wholesome kind of way.
-bkc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkPEs_LqKx8
here's the new clip
Post a Comment